Tradeoffs is a nonprofit media company striving to help people have smarter, more honest conversations about the U.S. health care system. Each week we produce a podcast that tells intellectually engaging, emotionally resonant stories. We also produce digital content that breaks down the policies and research covered on the podcast.
This is a full-time remote position reporting to the Communications Manager and is a great opportunity for an early career communications professional ready to dive in and help grow an innovative non-profit’s audience.
The salary range is $55,000-$65,000 based on experience. Start date is May 2, 2022 or sooner.
The Communications Coordinator will execute our day-to-day marketing efforts, including drafting social media posts, engaging with our audience on social media and sending updates to external stakeholders. This role will provide organization-wide copywriting and editing/proofing support, ensuring consistency in our external brand and voice. They will also work with the Executive Director on fundraising and organization-wide special projects including event production, distribution of swag, awards submissions, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years experience in communications and/or marketing. Background and/or interest in health policy, health economics and/or public health preferred.
- Thrives in a startup environment and is excited to build systems to help our organization scale.
- Exceptional writer with the ability to maintain an organization’s voice in a wide variety of settings.
- Very detail oriented and enjoys being the last set of eyes on external communications.
- Experience building and maintaining databases and organization-wide data.
- Excellent at managing time, schedules and deadlines for yourself and others.
- A proactive and detailed communicator, with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for different audiences.
Don’t feel like you can check every single box above? That’s okay! If you’re passionate about this job, we want to meet you!
This is a full-time, regular exempt/non-exempt position. In addition to the base salary, we offer $200 in monthly health care reimbursements, unlimited paid time off, paid holidays and paid office closure for a week in the summer and a week in December.
How to apply
Please complete our application form, including a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please tell us why you want to join the Tradeoffs team.
Tradeoffs is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace. Everyone, especially those from historically underrepresented groups, are encouraged to apply. We value lived experience, including with the systems that shape our health and health care, in addition to work experience. Tradeoffs does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.